For years, multiple manufacturers have been producing genuinely wonderful usb raid enclosure with excellent quality, performance, and longevity while keeping consumer ease in mind. However, not all of these usb raid enclosure are appropriate for your needs.
Hence, we have enlisted the The 10 Best usb raid enclosure to help you quickly find the right item. To compile this list, we carefully analyzed the user experience, practical benefits, functionality, performance, longevity, budget, and pros and cons of each item. We’ve also compared them to similar things and gathered feedback from genuine customers to give you an accurate picture of what to expect. Plus, we have researched the items thoroughly and checked their performance to pricing ratio so that you get the best value for money for each of these items.
So, without further ado, let’s get this review started.
At a Glance
|TERRAMASTER D2-310 USB Type C External Hard Drive RAID Enclosure USB3.1 (Gen1) 2-Bay RAID Storage Support RAID 0/1/Single (Diskless)||Buy Now|
|OWC 0GB Mercury Elite Pro Dual RAID USB 3.1 / eSATA Enclosure Kit||Buy Now|
|Syba SY-ENC50104 4 Bay 3.5” SATA III HDD Non-RAID Enclosure – Supports USB 3.0 & eSATA Interface, Black||Buy Now|
|Yottamaster Aluminum Alloy 5 Bay USB3.0 2.5″/3.5″ External Hard Drive RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5 Inch SATA HDD Support 5 x 16TB & UASP,Ideal for Personal Storage at Home&Office- [PS500RU3]||Buy Now|
|QNAP TR-004 4 Bay USB Type-C Direct Attached Storage (DAS) with hardware RAID (Diskless)||Buy Now|
|MAIWO K25682 2 Bay 2.5-inch USB 3.0(5Gbps) RAID Enclosure Support RAID 0/1 RAID Mode Hard Drive RAID Storage (Diskless)||Buy Now|
|ORICO 5 Bay Hard Drive Enclosure 3.5inch Raid USB3.0 to SATA Aluminum External HDD/SSD Storage Drive Enclosure Screw Installtion Data Safe Protection for Enterprise Backup Up to 80TB(5×16)-WS500RU3||Buy Now|
|Mediasonic ProRaid USB 3.1 10Gbps 2 Bay 2.5” & 3.5” SATA Hard Drive Enclosure – USB 3.1 Gen 2 10Gbps / USB-C/USB Type C (HUR5-SU31C)||Buy Now|
|FD Duo Portable 2 Bay RAID Enclosure Only SSD 2 Bay RAID – USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C – 10Gbps – RAID0/RAID1/JBOD – Aluminum – Compatible with Mac/PC/PS4/Xbox (DMR000E) by Fantom Drives, Duo Enclosure Only||Buy Now|
|OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual Mini, Bus-Powered USB 3.1 Gen 2 RAID Storage Enclosure||Buy Now|
Top 10 Usb Raid Enclosure Review
There’re literally hundreds of models available with different users in mind for the usb raid enclosure. We have checked over 90 products to shortlist these top usb raid enclosure with your requirements in mind. These goods are extremely useful, high-performing, and long-lasting.
TERRAMASTER D2-310 USB Type C External Hard Drive RAID Enclosure USB3.1 (Gen1) 2-Bay RAID Storage Support RAID 0/1/Single (Diskless)
- Up to 36TB storage capacity. D2-310 can support two (2) SATA hard drives, is compatible with 18TB 3.5 inch SATA hard drive, and has a total storage capacity up to 36TB. (Note: users need to purchase their own hard drives. HDD’s are not included.). D2-310 is equipped with brand new USB type-C high-speed interface, and also works with the computers possessing the Thunderbolt 3 interface.
- Compatible with various hard drives including 3.5″ SATA hard drives, 2.5″ SATA hard drives and SSD. The product might not be able to detect the newly installed hard drives that had been used on other devices before. For the security of the data, please format the hard drives on the D2-310 before use.
- Adopts real SUPERSPEED USB3.1(Gen1) Type-C interface, the read/write speed is up to 410MB/s. Copy a 1GB video in only 2-3 seconds.
- Multiple RAIDs supported. D2-310 supports RAID 0, RAID 1, JBOD and SINGLE which can better satisfy various demands of users. In RAID 1, data will be in a mirror backup. When there is a damaged hard drive, you can directly replace the hard drive, and the data will be recovered automatically. This provides an absolute security guarantee for the data.
- Various applications. Great for data backup, video editing, storage of R&D technical documents, archival backup, music libraries, financial records, storage of video surveillance recordings and corporate data storage. Featuring an aluminum-alloy shell and low-noise fans, D2-310 is extremely solid and reliable with good heat dissipation capabilities and low noise production.
- 0 GB Dual bay USB 3.1 Gen 1 and eSATA equipped performance RAID enclosure
- Hardware RAID 0, 1, span, and independent modes
- Fast USB 3.1 Gen 1 & eSATA connectivity-Accelerate your workflow with transfer speeds up to 407MB/s
- Supports 2 x SATA HDDs. All Cables included
- 1 Year OWC Limited Warranty
Syba SY-ENC50104 4 Bay 3.5” SATA III HDD Non-RAID Enclosure – Supports USB 3.0 & eSATA Interface, Black
- Supports up to four HDDs in a single unit with a capacity of up to 18TB per drive. Port-Multiplier(normal) mode- showing 4 HDDs respectively
- The Forced Convection Process helps speed up the air circulation and heat ventilation to effectively cool the drive and whole system for stable operation and an extended lifespan
- No A/C Adapter Required. Direct DC Power Connection to the Unit
- Adjustable cooling fan with 3 speeding setting (low, high, and auto)
Yottamaster Aluminum Alloy 5 Bay USB3.0 2.5″/3.5″ External Hard Drive RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5 Inch SATA HDD Support 5 x 16TB & UASP,Ideal for Personal Storage at Home&Office- [PS500RU3]
- 【Reliable External Storage System for Individuals】This 5 bay hdd enclosure support up to 80TB external expanded storage. The front door adopt user-friendly PUSH Design for easy install and replacement of hard drives. It is an ideal choice for personal storage at home and office. It can support different drive type(s)-2,5″/3,5″ HDD/SSDs, so you can take advantage of your hard drives’ potential fully.
- 【Flexible RAID for Customized Work Need】It supports RAID 0/1/3/5/10/JBOD(SPAN)/CLONE RAID modes. You can optimize/simplify your workflow by chosing suitable RAID configuration. You can choose hardware RAID for easy set without downloading application, or you can use Software RAID to set/manage RAID modes. It is the ultimate storage solution for demanding video workflows on location and in the studio.
- 【80mm Silent Fan Inside】The 5 bay enclosure built with rugged heat-dissipating aluminum shell, front and rear with cooling holes, a 80mm silent fan inside can effectively accelerate air convection and rapid cooling. It is ideal for noise-sensitive environments.
- 【For 2,5/3,5-inch Hard Drives】It comes with five removeable trays, allowing for easy installation and replacement of either the large desktop hard disk drives or the portable laptop drives and SSD’s. Note: Spare trays are sold separately in a set of six trays, extra screws are provided, Get it at ASIN:B083S8VDQK. Five indicator lights help you to monitor the working status of your hard drives whenever.
- 【5Gbps Transfer Rate】This 5 bay hdd enclosure adopt USB3.0 protocol, transfer rate up to 5Gbps (MAX). Equipped with a versatile USB3.0 Type-B interface to connect other peripheral devices. Compatible with most Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
- Direct-attached storage device via USB Type-C for Windows, macOS and Linux
- Use the TR-004 as external storage for NAS backup
- Expand the capacity of your QNAP NAS
- 4 x 3.5-inch SATA 3Gb/s (Diskless)
- Hardware RAID supports RAID 0, 1, 5, JBOD, and individual disks
- Includes a USB Type-C to Type-A connector cable
- Lockable drive Bays. NOTE : The TR-004 does not support the following: the TS-128, TS-228, TS-131, TS-231, TS-431, TS-431U, and NAS models that cannot be updated to QTS 4.3.6 (or later). The TR-004 can only be used as an individual storage pool or volume on the NAS. Its storage pool/volume cannot be combined into the connected NAS. NAS applications cannot be installed on the TR-004. Drives can only be migrated from one TR-004 to another TR-004. The files and data stored on drives moved to/from a NAS (or another device) will not be recognized.
MAIWO K25682 2 Bay 2.5-inch USB 3.0(5Gbps) RAID Enclosure Support RAID 0/1 RAID Mode Hard Drive RAID Storage (Diskless)
- 12TB: MAIWO K25682 2 Bay HDD Enclosure, can support extended capacity of 12TB, support two 2.5-inch SATA interface HDD hard drive, single-board can support 6TB capacity.
- INTERFACE:USB3.0 transmission interface, data transmission performance is rapidly improved, the theoretical transmission rate can reach 5Gbps.
- STORAGE MODE: MAIWO K25682 with two hard drives, you can easily switch disks by mode toggle switch, set up JBOD (PM) RAID 0 (FAST) RAID1 (mirrorSAFE) mode. Say goodbye to driver installation and cumbersome software setup.
- STRUCTURE STABLE:The outer casing is molded with a thick of ABS, which makes the structure more stable, so you can use it with peace of mind.
ORICO 5 Bay Hard Drive Enclosure 3.5inch Raid USB3.0 to SATA Aluminum External HDD/SSD Storage Drive Enclosure Screw Installtion Data Safe Protection for Enterprise Backup Up to 80TB(5×16)-WS500RU3
- [Screw Installation] – You need to loosen the cover screws and the bracket screws when install your hard drive in the drive bay enclosure. Multi protection for the hard drive and the data safety, flexible the open and install way of the 5 bay external hard drive enclosure, ensure the data in a safe environment.
- [Support RAID Mode] – The 5 bay external hard drive raid enclosure support RAID 0/1/3/5/10/JBOD/ClONE/Normal RAID Mode which can meets different work requirements, and enlarge the ways of working habits. With back cover RAID Set and built-in RAID software management, you can choose the way you convenient. Please operation follow the page description and user manual of the 5 raid bay enclosure.
- [16TB Larger Capacity] – WS series drive bay enclosure can support all 3.5inch sata hard disks under less than or equal to 16TB HDD, altogether 80TB large capacity for hard drive expansion, maximize to meet your data storage and backup demand. The 3.5inch drive enclosure also a good choice for nas expansion or the data protector in big enterprise.
- [Fast Transmission Rate] – The external hard drive enclosure adopts dual chip master control scheme, and set with SATA3.0 interface, the data transfer rate of the sata 3 enclosure can reach up to 5Gbps with the A to C data cable, which can effectively improve the rate by about 20% than USB2.0
- [Great Heat Dissipation Performance] – Designed with a built-in cooling fan and honeycomb heat dissipation holes on the front and back cover of the 5 bay usb external hard drive enclosure, made by all aluminum alloy enclosure and allows the heat generated in the use to be accelerated by the flowing wind for the great ventilation performance.
Mediasonic ProRaid USB 3.1 10Gbps 2 Bay 2.5” & 3.5” SATA Hard Drive Enclosure – USB 3.1 Gen 2 10Gbps / USB-C/USB Type C (HUR5-SU31C)
- Hardware embedded Raid controller ensure data integrity with redundant back up capability, support Single Mode, JBOD Mode, Raid 0 Mode, and Raid 1 Mode
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 transfer rate up to 10Gbps. USB-C / USB Type C Interface.
- Support all brand of 2.5-inch & 3.5-inch SATA SSD / HDD up to 16TB per drive, and support SATA III 6.0Gbps speed.
- Support UASP for faster transfer rate, LED light indicator for system status monitoring.
- S.M.A.R.T function with built-in temperature sensor control. Please Note: 4Kn hard drive is supported. However, Power Disabled Feature hard drive is NOT supported. For example: WD Enterprise HDD and HGST HDD.
FD Duo Portable 2 Bay RAID Enclosure Only SSD 2 Bay RAID – USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C – 10Gbps – RAID0/RAID1/JBOD – Aluminum – Compatible with Mac/PC/PS4/Xbox (DMR000E) by Fantom Drives, Duo Enclosure Only
- Fantom Drives Duo Mobile 2.5″ 2 Bay SSD RAID enclosure is built with tough aluminum body and allows configurations of RAID0, RAID1, and JBOD
- Fantom Drives Duo supports dual bay 2.5″ 7mm SATA hard drives and SSD. Duo is a true portable device as it is a hardware RAID and does not need any softwares to use the device. As it is not dependent on a software, it also reduces the use of CPU compared to a software RAID
- Blazing FAST speeds with USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C 10Gbps – comes with USB C – USB A Cable and USB C – USB C cable. Backwards compatible to USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
- Compatible with Windows (Vista, 7, 8, 10 or newer), Mac OS X or newer (great for MacBook Pro / Time Machine backup), PlayStation (PS4), Xbox One (Original, S, X)
- Comes with Duo aluminum enclosure, external powers supply, USB C – A cable, USB C – C cable, manual. 1 Year limited Warranty
- 0 GB, Bus-Powered Storage Enclosure
- In RAID 0, experience blistering data transfer speeds up to 738MB/s
- Features easily selectable modes RAID 0 and RAID 1
- Interface cables included
- 1 Year OWC Limited Warranty
Best Usb Raid Enclosure Buying Guides
When it comes to choosing the correct usb raid enclosure, you should be well-versed about its characteristics, benefits, drawbacks, and the elements that influence its performance. To acquire a good value for money for the product you want to buy, you should compare its benefits with the predicted pricing.
It needs extensive research and product comparison, and it could be time-consuming. You may not have much time in this fast-paced environment. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of the most important characteristics and criteria to consider when purchasing the best usb raid enclosure without sacrificing performance.
The Right Brand
You should carefully analyze the brand and its market repute before purchasing your most-required usb raid enclosure. Finding dependable and well-known companies for your preferred The 10 Best usb raid enclosure can make the purchasing process much easier.
You may compare various brands and read users’ experiences to have a clear idea about the brand values. It will also help you realize how the brand treats its clients and customers’ perceptions of the manufacturer.
Of course, products from a high-end and reputable manufacturer will be pricier than an average brand. However, the additional money you spend on brand value is well worth it because it ensures superior performance and after-sales service.
However, you should not always worry about the manufacturer’s history when evaluating their market value and reputation. Of course, companies with a long track record are more trustworthy.
Many new brands and manufacturers, on the other hand, are producing high-performing, dependable, durable, and cost-effective usb raid enclosure. Thus, you should also consider the user’s experience and reviews to find the right brand for your product.
Next, think about the features you want and the features of the product. You should be certain that you won’t get a perfect match for all of the qualities. Thus, you must first prioritize the top features of the product you want. Then, to rapidly locate the greatest fit, compare them to other products on the market.
Undoubtedly, most products will have some generic features that will be identical for all. However, you should consider the various aspects to identify the most incredible products that actually fit your working needs.
That is why, in this review list, we have covered each item’s top and most useful characteristics in great detail. It should assist you in quickly making your purchase selection.
Top Benefits & Drawbacks
There’s nothing in the world with 100% goodness or badness. Simply put, your chosen product will have both advantages and disadvantages. Look at the key features of the product you wish to buy and see whether they match your needs. Consider the product’s drawbacks in the same way so you can immediately compare its value for money in real life.
You may locate these benefits and negatives for comparison by looking at consumer reviews on Amazon, social media, user forums, and the manufacturer’s website. But don’t worry if you’re short on time; we’ve already taken care of it.
We have thoroughly detailed the advantages and cons of each item in our evaluation so that you are aware of their benefits and potential problems. As a result, you won’t have to shoulder the burden; simply read through our pros and drawbacks section for each usb raid enclosure and select the one that best meets your needs.
Regardless of the goods you choose to purchase, the pricing is a crucial factor to consider. It will heavily influence your buying decision and largely control the item’s features and performance.
The cost of a product is determined by its brand value, key features, performance, and longevity. If you want a product from a well-known manufacturer, you should expect to pay a premium. New brands, on the other hand, may provide competitive price, which is a good plus.
You should evaluate the price of the product to that of other manufacturers as well as the expected features. The goal is to get the most bang for your buck. Also, be aware that expensiveness doesn’t always mean better performance. As a result, you should set a budget and stick to it in order to find the ideal match.
Performance & Durability
You must think about the product’s durability and performance. Check the quality of the material used to make the product for long-term use. As a result, you should not skimp on the product’s performance or durability. Check the quality of the materials used in the product’s construction for long-term durability.
The product material must be high-quality and industry-leading. It must also meet or surpass the relevant criteria in order to be worth your money. Likewise, the performance must meet your expectations.
If the performance doesn’t meet the product’s pricing, it will be useless to you. In addition, you should evaluate the durability and performance of the product to those of other brands and products. It will guarantee that you receive the most bang for your buck. Finally, look into your usb raid enclosure’s after-sale support options.
Warranty & After-sales Service
Finally, look into your usb raid enclosure’s after-sale support options. Does the brand provide good after-sales service or repairing facilities? Is the manufacturer’s after-sales service well-received by customers?
It will assist you in understanding the client’s viewpoint and how it treats its customers. You should also check the product’s warranty. Usually, most manufacturers will offer a 6-months to 24-months long warranty for any manufacturing defects. You should read the warranty’s terms and conditions to ensure that you are not duped.
Last, Not Least
We hope that our in-depth analysis of the The 10 Best usb raid enclosure aids you in swiftly locating the correct item for your requirements. In this list, we’ve gone over the benefits, specifications, user experience, and primary pros and cons of each product in great detail. Now, you should have a clear idea of these high-end products. Which one is your personal favorite?
Also, act quickly to secure your chosen item, as many items are in high demand and may become unavailable if you wait. So rush and purchase from the review list to dramatically improve your existence.