For years, multiple manufacturers have been producing genuinely wonderful raspberry pi dac with excellent quality, performance, and longevity while keeping consumer ease in mind. Not all of these raspberry pi dac, however, will fit your needs.
Hence, we have enlisted the best raspberry pi dac – With Buying Guides to help you quickly find the right item. To include these goods on our list, we carefully analyzed the user experience, practical benefits, functionalities, performance, longevity, affordability, as well as the pros and downsides of each. We’ve also compared them to similar things and gathered feedback from genuine customers to give you an accurate picture of what to expect. Plus, we have researched the items thoroughly and checked their performance to pricing ratio so that you get the best value for money for each of these items.
So, without further ado, let’s get this review started.
At a Glance
|InnoMaker Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC HAT PCM5122 HiFi DAC Audio Card Expansion Board for Raspberry Pi 4 3 B+ Pi Zero etc. (DAC HAT)||Buy Now|
|innomaker Acrylic Case DAC Hat HiFi Audio Module Works with Raspberry Pi 4 3B+ 3B 3||Buy Now|
|HiFiBerry HighPi Raspberry Pi Case – Raspberry Pi4||Buy Now|
|Geekworm DACPi Ultra-Thin Audio Player Kit for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, NUC Style Aluminum Alloy Case|X950 PCM5122 DAC| Passive Cooling Embedded Heatsink for Raspberry Pi 4B||Buy Now|
|Geekworm Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC HAT PCM5122, Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+ X930 V1.3 HiFi DAC HAT with Power Management Function for Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+/3B/3A+/2B/B+/Pi Zero/Zero W||Buy Now|
|HiLetgo PCM5102 I2S IIS Lossless Digital Audio DAC Decoder Module Stereo DAC Digital-to-Analog Converter Voice Module for Arduino Raspberry Pi||Buy Now|
|High-Precision AD/DA Expansion Board for Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+/3B/2B/Zero/W/Zero WH and Jetson Nano,Add High-Precision AD/DA Functions to Pi. Onboard ADS1256 8-CH 24bit ADC and DAC8532 2-CH 16bit DAC||Buy Now|
|Argon x NanoSound ONE Case – Hi-Fi Raspberry Pi Audio Player | Argon ONE Case with Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) | Rpi4 Not Included||Buy Now|
|Audio DAC Hat Sound Card (Ultra++) for Raspberry PI4 / Pi Zero / PI3 / PI3B / PI3B+ / Pi 2 / Better Quality Than USB||Buy Now|
|HiFiBerry DAC+ Zero||Buy Now|
Top 10 Raspberry Pi Dac Review
There are literally hundreds of models available for the raspberry pi dac, each with a distinct user in mind. With your needs in mind, we sifted through more than 20 products to come up with this list of the best raspberry pi dac. These goods are extremely useful, effective, and long-lasting.
InnoMaker Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC HAT PCM5122 HiFi DAC Audio Card Expansion Board for Raspberry Pi 4 3 B+ Pi Zero etc. (DAC HAT)
- The HiFi DAC Hat compatible with Raspberry Pi 4, Zero, Zero W, 3B, 3B+ with the 40-pin connector. Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi board, no additional cables required, no soldering. Easy to get more beautiful and fantastic sound by this RPI+DAC HiFi suits.
- Absolutely perfect to support all Raspberry Pi music playback system, like LibreElec, OSMC, Max2Play, RuneAudio, Volumio, Moode, PiCorePlayer, PiMusicBox, OpenELEC, Debian, Ubuntu etc. Support playing music from a hard disk or over the network. Support DSD over PCM(DOP) mode.
- Class-leading stereo audio DAC PCM5122, sample rates up to 384-KHz/32-Bit. Paired with stereo high fidelity headphone amplifier TPA6133. Provides 2.1Vrms ground-centered outputs coupled with Film capacitor.
- On-board a pair of gold plated RCA (LEFT &Right) jacks and a 3.5mm high-end headphone jack output, allow you free to play your music through Raspberry Pi to another terminals.
- Comes with software, document and friendly technology support. For more information, please refer to our wiki（view the link on color page comes with the goods).
innomaker Acrylic Case DAC Hat HiFi Audio Module Works with Raspberry Pi 4 3B+ 3B 3
- Packing List: 1 x Acrylic Case; 5 Group Screws.
- Acrylic Case for Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC HAT
- The HiFi DAC Hat compatible with Raspberry Pi 4/3B+/3B/3 with the 40-pin connector. Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi board, no additional cables required, no soldering. Easy to get more beautiful and fantastic sound by this RPI+DAC HiFi suits.
- InnoMaker DAC Hat support all Raspberry Pi music playback system, like OSMC, Max2Play, RuneAudio, Volumio, Moode, PiCorePlayer, PiMusicBox, OpenELEC, Debian, Ubuntu etc. Support playing music from a hard disk or over the network. Support DSD over PCM(DOP) mode.
- HiFi DAC Hat on-board Class-leading stereo audio DAC PCM5122, sample rates up to 384-KHz/32-Bit. Paired with stereo high fidelity headphone amplifier TPA6133. Provides 2.1Vrms ground-centered outputs coupled with Film capacitor.
HiFiBerry HighPi Raspberry Pi Case – Raspberry Pi4
- Rapid, Tool-Free Assembly – The HighPi case sets the standard for ease of use and versatility in Raspberry Pi cases. Installing or removing the Raspberry Pi PI4 board is astonishingly quick, simple, and secure; all without tools or assembly. One snap action locks the Pi board into the case; the second secures the lid, rattle free. Remove the Pi board and the lid with one-finger-releases for each. Genius!
- Fits All Kinds of Hats – Whether you’re running a plain Pi4 board or modding it to the max, the HighPi case has your Pi covered. Generous internal room allows HATs, break-out boards, or heat sinks. Vents on three sides double as fly-through cable ports for the GPIO and whatever else you need to connect to. Supports PI POE Hat, HiFiBerry Hats, Serial Hat, UPS HAT and more!
- The HighPi case can be wall mounted horizontally with two screws for easy removal, or mounted in any orientation including upside-down with four screws from inside the case (Screws not included). When wall mounted horizontally, the A/V and audio cables hang downward from the Pi, improving visual tidiness and reducing the need for support of heavy cables.
- High quality ABS plastic case, designed and made in Canada, Large internal volume for HATs, break-out boards, or heat sinks, Vents on three sides double as fly-through cable ports, Self-adhesive rubber feet included, set of 4, Matte finish hides fingerprints
- External dimensions: 97 x 66 x 41mm, Internal volume for breakout boards: 90 x 60 x 28.8mm
Geekworm DACPi Ultra-Thin Audio Player Kit for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, NUC Style Aluminum Alloy Case|X950 PCM5122 DAC| Passive Cooling Embedded Heatsink for Raspberry Pi 4B
- 【DACPi Aluminum Case】Ultra-Thin NUC Aluminum Alloy Case, specially designed for Raspberry Pi, reseved all interface of Pi 4.
- 【X950 DAC Shield】 Uses a Texas Instruments PCM5122 DAC to deliver stereo analogue audio to a pair of phono connectors, and also provides a dedicated headphone amplifier, supporting 24‑bit 192kHz high-resolution digital audio.
- 【Cooling Solution】Considering that the cooling fan will interfere with the sound quality, only use P165-B embedded heatsink to dissipate heat, which can provide good heat dissipation if there is no overclocking.
- 【Power Supply】 5Vdc +/-5% , ≥3A (Via Type-C of Pi 4); (Recommended to use Geekworm UL listed 5V 4A Type-C power adapter(ASIN:B09J856PND).
- 【Compatibility】Only for Raspberry Pi 4 (NOT include Pi 4 board), compatible with Volumio, Rune, OSMC, MoodeAudio, Raspbian Jessie, Openelec etc.
- 【Wifi Description】5G WiFi is stable enough, recommend using Ethernet or 5G WiFi due to metal case.
Geekworm Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC HAT PCM5122, Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+ X930 V1.3 HiFi DAC HAT with Power Management Function for Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+/3B/3A+/2B/B+/Pi Zero/Zero W
- √The X930 HiFi DAC for Raspberry Pi adds a high-quality sound compatible with Raspberry Pi4B/3B+/3B/3A+/2B/B+. Recommend HAT size acrylic case(ASIN:B074T7D1V5). √ Support operating system: Moode Audio Player, OSMC, Openelec, Raspbian Jessie, Volumio, Pi Core Player, Max2Play, RuneAudio etc.
- √Power supply: 5Vdc ±5%，≥3A recommended, Power via DC Jack or Type-C port of X930. You can use this certificated DC 5V 4A PSU (ASIN: B07413Q5Y4).
- √GPIO used for I2S audio : LRCK – IO19, BCK – IO18, DATA – IO21; GPIO used for power management: IO5, IO12, IO13; Analog audio output level: 2V RMS; Resolution/Sampling Rate: upto 24bit / 192KHz (Raspberry Pi I2S)
- √Packing List: X930 V1.3 Expansion Board x 1; Screw M2.5 *5mm x 8; Spacer F/F M2.5 *12mm x 4; Note:The CSR8675 Premium Bluetooth5.0 Audio Module and Raspberry Pi are not included in the packing list.
HiLetgo PCM5102 I2S IIS Lossless Digital Audio DAC Decoder Module Stereo DAC Digital-to-Analog Converter Voice Module for Arduino Raspberry Pi
- 1.The DAC Module provides a super affordable high-quality DAC for the Raspberry Pi.
- 2.Since it’s digital audio, it sounds really good, much better than the onboard analog audio.
- 3.The stereo jack comes soldered onto the board already.
- 4.Uses the PCM5102A DAC to work with the Raspberry Pi I2S interface
- 5.Since it’s digital audio, it sounds really good, much better than the onboard analog audio. The stereo jack comes soldered onto the board already.
High-Precision AD/DA Expansion Board for Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+/3B/2B/Zero/W/Zero WH and Jetson Nano,Add High-Precision AD/DA Functions to Pi. Onboard ADS1256 8-CH 24bit ADC and DAC8532 2-CH 16bit DAC
- There’s no AD/DA function on the Raspberry Pi GPIO interface, this may trouble you in the Pi development. However, it won’t be a problem anymore. The High-Precision AD/DA Board allows you to add high-precision AD/DA functions to the Raspberry Pi.
- Standard Raspberry Pi 40PIN GPIO extension header, supports Raspberry Pi series boards, Jetson Nano
- Onboard ADS1256, 8ch 24bit high-precision ADC (4ch differential input), 30ksps sampling rate Onboard DAC8532, 2ch 16bit high-precision DAC
- Onboard input interface via pinheaders, for connecting analog signal- the pinout is compatible with Waveshare sensor interface standard, easy to connect various analog sensor modules
Argon x NanoSound ONE Case – Hi-Fi Raspberry Pi Audio Player | Argon ONE Case with Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) | Rpi4 Not Included
- The Nanosound One is an Argon ONE Raspberry Pi 4 Case that has been redesigned to include a built-in Raspberry Pi DAC Hat while fully supporting Volumio and ROON.
- The Texas Instruments PCM5122 chipset helps the Raspberry Pi DAC Case provide audio at 192kHz Sampling Rate and 24bit Resolution with 112-db SNR for High Fidelity music.
- The I²S bus in this Raspberry DAC offers low jitter. This allows the Argon Raspberry Pi 4 Case to provide a smooth, and comfortable listening experience.
- Includes an Infrared Receiver and Remote Control to fully control your Raspberry Pi Music Player; making it very easy to get started playing music on your Argon Case.
- The Hi-Fi Audio Player also acts as a heatsink for the Raspberry Pi 4 Board; Giving additional cooling to the board while it’s playing music all day long.
Audio DAC Hat Sound Card (Ultra++) for Raspberry PI4 / Pi Zero / PI3 / PI3B / PI3B+ / Pi 2 / Better Quality Than USB
- 2 Onboard microphones
- Stereo 3.5mm LINE jack input
- Stereo onbard speakers
- 24 Bit I2S Dac 2×1.3W Stereo Amplifier for external speakers
- Headphone output (24bits)
HiFiBerry DAC+ Zero
- Fits perfectly onto a Raspberry Pi Zero
- Compatible with: Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2/3/Zero
- Very good sound quality and 192kHz/24bit playback
Best Raspberry Pi Dac Buying Guides
You should have a thorough understanding of the product’s characteristics, benefits, drawbacks, and the elements that influence its performance if you want to choose the best raspberry pi dac. You should also compare its benefits with the expected pricing to get a good value for money for the product you intend to buy.
It will necessitate significant research and product comparison, and it will take time. In this busy world, you may not have so much time. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of the most important characteristics and elements to consider when purchasing the best raspberry pi dac in the shortest amount of time without sacrificing performance.
The Right Brand
You should carefully analyze the brand and its market repute before purchasing your most-required raspberry pi dac. Finding dependable and well-known companies for your desired best raspberry pi dac – With Buying Guides will make the purchasing process much simpler.
To get a clear picture of the brand values, you can compare different brands and read user reviews. It will also assist you in understanding how the brand treats its customers and how customers perceive the company.
Of course, products from a high-end and reputable manufacturer will be pricier than an average brand. However, the additional money spent on brand value is well worth it because it ensures superior performance and after-sales service.
However, you shouldn’t always worry about the manufacturer’s history when evaluating their market value and reputation. Companies having a long history are, of course, more trustworthy.
Many new brands and manufacturers, on the other hand, are producing high-performing, dependable, durable, and cost-effective raspberry pi dac. As a result, while selecting a brand for your product, you should also consider consumer feedback and reviews.
Next, think about the features you want and the features of the product. You must make certain that you will not receive a perfect match for all of the attributes. As a result, you must prioritize the product’s most important features first. Then, to rapidly locate the best match, compare them to products on the market.
Almost all items will, without a doubt, have some generic features that will be the same for everyone. However, you should consider the various aspects to identify the most incredible products that actually fit your working needs.
That’s why we have discussed each item’s top and most practical features with correct details in this review list. It should assist you in quickly making a purchasing decision.
Top Benefits & Drawbacks
There is no such thing as a perfect good or evil thing in the universe. Simply put, your chosen product will have both advantages and disadvantages. Look at the key features of the product you wish to buy and see whether they match your needs. Consider the product’s drawbacks as well, so you can immediately compare its value for money in real life.
Customers’ reviews on Amazon, social media, user forums, and the manufacturer’s website can all be used to compare pros and negatives. But don’t worry if you’re short on time; we’ve got you covered.
In our review, we have thoroughly described the advantages and disadvantages of each item so that you know its benefits and possible drawbacks. Thus, you won’t need to take the responsibilities; you can simply go through our pros and cons section for each raspberry pi dac and choose the one that best fits your necessities.
Regardless of the goods you want to buy, the price is an important factor to consider. It will heavily influence your buying decision and largely control the item’s features and performance.
The pricing depends on the products’ brand value, top features, performance, and durability. If you want a product from a highly reputable manufacturer, you should be ready to pay a bit for it. New brands, on the other hand, may have more aggressive pricing, which is a pleasant plus.
You should compare the product’s pricing with different manufacturers and the expected features. The idea is to get the best value for your investment. Also keep in mind that more pricey does not always imply higher performance. Thus, you should fix your budget and stick to it to get the best match.
Performance & Durability
You must think about the product’s durability and performance. Check the quality of the material used to make the product for long-term use. As a result, you should not skimp on the product’s performance or durability. For longevity, you must check the quality of the material used to manufacture the product.
The product should be made of high-quality, industry-leading materials. It must also meet or surpass the relevant criteria in order to be worth your money. Similarly, the performance must also match your expectation.
It will be useless to you if the performance does not correspond to the product’s price. In addition, you should evaluate the durability and performance of the product to those of other brands and products. It will guarantee that you obtain a solid return on your investment. Finally, look into your raspberry pi dac’s after-sales service options.
Warranty & After-sales Service
Finally, look into your raspberry pi dac’s after-sales service options. Is the brand’s after-sales service or repair capabilities good? Is the manufacturer’s after-sales service well-received by customers?
It will assist you in understanding the client’s viewpoint and how it treats its customers. Also, look at the product’s warranty. Most manufacturers will typically provide a 6- to 24-month guarantee for any manufacturing flaws. You should read the warranty’s terms and conditions to ensure that you are not duped.
We hope that our in-depth analysis of the best raspberry pi dac – With Buying Guides helps you find the correct item for your needs fast. In this list, we’ve gone through the benefits, specifications, user experience, and primary pros and downsides of each product in depth. You should now have a good notion of what these high-end items are like. So, which one do you prefer?
Also, act quickly to secure your chosen item, as many items are in high demand and may become unavailable if you wait. So rush and purchase something from the review list to significantly improve your lifestyle.