For years, multiple manufacturers have been producing genuinely wonderful external raid enclosure with excellent quality, performance, and longevity while keeping consumer ease in mind. However, not all of these external raid enclosure are appropriate for your needs.
As a result, the Top 10 best external raid enclosure has been included to assist you in quickly locating the appropriate item. To compile this list, we carefully analyzed the user experience, practical benefits, functionality, performance, longevity, budget, and pros and cons of each item. We’ve also compared them to similar things and gathered feedback from genuine customers to give you an accurate picture of what they’re like. In addition, we meticulously studied the items and examined their performance to pricing ratio to ensure that you receive the best value for your money on each of them.
So, without much ado, let’s kick start the review.
At a Glance
|TERRAMASTER D2-310 USB Type C External Hard Drive RAID Enclosure USB3.1 (Gen1) 2-Bay RAID Storage Support RAID 0/1/Single (Diskless)||Buy Now|
|Syba 5 Bay Tool Less Tray Hot Swappable 2.5″ 3.5″ SATA III RAID HDD External USB 3.0 Enclosure Windows MacOS SY-ENC50118||Buy Now|
|Syba 8 Bay Tool Less Tray Hot Swappabe 2.5″ 3.5″ SATA Non Raid External USB 3.0 Enclosure SY-ENC50119l||Buy Now|
|Yottamaster Aluminum Alloy 5 Bay USB3.0 2.5″/3.5″ External Hard Drive RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5 Inch SATA HDD Support 5 x 16TB & UASP,Ideal for Personal Storage at Home&Office- [PS500RU3]||Buy Now|
|OWC 0GB Mercury Elite Pro Dual RAID USB 3.1 / eSATA Enclosure Kit||Buy Now|
|MiniPro RAID V3 USB-C External Dual Bay Drive Enclosure||Buy Now|
|QNAP TR-004 4 Bay USB Type-C Direct Attached Storage (DAS) with hardware RAID (Diskless)||Buy Now|
|TERRAMASTER D4-300 USB 3.1(Gen1) Type-C Storage External Hard Drive Enclosure Hot Swappable (Diskless)||Buy Now|
|TERRAMASTER D5 Thunderbolt 3 Professional-Grade 5-Bay External Hard Drive Enclosure RAID 0/RAID1/RAID5/RAID10/JBOD Hard Disk RAID Storage (Diskless)||Buy Now|
|ORICO 5 Bay Hard Drive Enclosure 3.5inch Raid USB3.0 to SATA Aluminum External HDD/SSD Storage Drive Enclosure Screw Installtion Data Safe Protection for Enterprise Backup Up to 80TB(5×16)-WS500RU3||Buy Now|
Top 10 External Raid Enclosure Review
There are literally hundreds of models available for the external raid enclosure, each designed with a different user in mind. With your needs in mind, we sifted through more than 50 products to come up with this list of the best external raid enclosure. These goods are extremely useful, high-performing, and long-lasting.
TERRAMASTER D2-310 USB Type C External Hard Drive RAID Enclosure USB3.1 (Gen1) 2-Bay RAID Storage Support RAID 0/1/Single (Diskless)
- Up to 36TB storage capacity. D2-310 can support two (2) SATA hard drives, is compatible with 18TB 3.5 inch SATA hard drive, and has a total storage capacity up to 36TB. (Note: users need to purchase their own hard drives. HDD’s are not included.). D2-310 is equipped with brand new USB type-C high-speed interface, and also works with the computers possessing the Thunderbolt 3 interface.
- Compatible with various hard drives including 3.5″ SATA hard drives, 2.5″ SATA hard drives and SSD. The product might not be able to detect the newly installed hard drives that had been used on other devices before. For the security of the data, please format the hard drives on the D2-310 before use.
- Adopts real SUPERSPEED USB3.1(Gen1) Type-C interface, the read/write speed is up to 410MB/s. Copy a 1GB video in only 2-3 seconds.
- Multiple RAIDs supported. D2-310 supports RAID 0, RAID 1, JBOD and SINGLE which can better satisfy various demands of users. In RAID 1, data will be in a mirror backup. When there is a damaged hard drive, you can directly replace the hard drive, and the data will be recovered automatically. This provides an absolute security guarantee for the data.
- Various applications. Great for data backup, video editing, storage of R&D technical documents, archival backup, music libraries, financial records, storage of video surveillance recordings and corporate data storage. Featuring an aluminum-alloy shell and low-noise fans, D2-310 is extremely solid and reliable with good heat dissipation capabilities and low noise production.
Syba 5 Bay Tool Less Tray Hot Swappable 2.5″ 3.5″ SATA III RAID HDD External USB 3.0 Enclosure Windows MacOS SY-ENC50118
- Supports all brands of 2.5″ And 3.5″ Sate I/II/III hard disk Drive up to 10TB per drive up to 5 x 10TB. Support hard drive transfer rate up to SATA III
- Raid support: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 3, RAID 5, RAID 10, span, and JBOD
- East interface requires port Multiplier w/FIS-based switching on main computer to enable access to multiple HDDs simultaneously
Syba 8 Bay Tool Less Tray Hot Swappabe 2.5″ 3.5″ SATA Non Raid External USB 3.0 Enclosure SY-ENC50119l
- Support all brands of 2.5 inch and 3.5 inch SATA hard Disk Drive up to 18TB per drive. (Does NOT support RAID and NAS function)
- Smart Fan function with built-in thermal sensor support Auto & manual mode with 3 level of fan speed
- Super Speed USB3.0 5Gbps connection transfer your files in a breeze. Supports SATA I/II/iii(6gb/s), UASP and USB 3.0(5Gb/s)
- Independent control switch for each drive allows drives to be powered off individually. Dissipates heat efficiently with Steel housing & quiet fan
- To ensure compatibility with your computer system, The SY-ENC50119 supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows, Apple OSX, Linux, and Google Chrome OS
Yottamaster Aluminum Alloy 5 Bay USB3.0 2.5″/3.5″ External Hard Drive RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5 Inch SATA HDD Support 5 x 16TB & UASP,Ideal for Personal Storage at Home&Office- [PS500RU3]
- 【Reliable External Storage System for Individuals】This 5 bay hdd enclosure support up to 80TB external expanded storage. The front door adopt user-friendly PUSH Design for easy install and replacement of hard drives. It is an ideal choice for personal storage at home and office. It can support different drive type(s)-2,5″/3,5″ HDD/SSDs, so you can take advantage of your hard drives’ potential fully.
- 【Flexible RAID for Customized Work Need】It supports RAID 0/1/3/5/10/JBOD(SPAN)/CLONE RAID modes. You can optimize/simplify your workflow by chosing suitable RAID configuration. You can choose hardware RAID for easy set without downloading application, or you can use Software RAID to set/manage RAID modes. It is the ultimate storage solution for demanding video workflows on location and in the studio.
- 【80mm Silent Fan Inside】The 5 bay enclosure built with rugged heat-dissipating aluminum shell, front and rear with cooling holes, a 80mm silent fan inside can effectively accelerate air convection and rapid cooling. It is ideal for noise-sensitive environments.
- 【For 2,5/3,5-inch Hard Drives】It comes with five removeable trays, allowing for easy installation and replacement of either the large desktop hard disk drives or the portable laptop drives and SSD’s. Note: Spare trays are sold separately in a set of six trays, extra screws are provided, Get it at ASIN:B083S8VDQK. Five indicator lights help you to monitor the working status of your hard drives whenever.
- 【5Gbps Transfer Rate】This 5 bay hdd enclosure adopt USB3.0 protocol, transfer rate up to 5Gbps (MAX). Equipped with a versatile USB3.0 Type-B interface to connect other peripheral devices. Compatible with most Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
OWC 0GB Mercury Elite Pro Dual RAID USB 3.1 / eSATA Enclosure Kit
- 0 GB Dual bay USB 3.1 Gen 1 and eSATA equipped performance RAID enclosure
- Hardware RAID 0, 1, span, and independent modes
- Fast USB 3.1 Gen 1 & eSATA connectivity-Accelerate your workflow with transfer speeds up to 407MB/s
- Supports 2 x SATA HDDs. All Cables included
- 1 Year OWC Limited Warranty
MiniPro RAID V3 USB-C External Dual Bay Drive Enclosure
- Interface: USB-C (Compatible with USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt 3). It is not compatible with Thunderbolt 2 or earlier.
- Bus-powered or external adapter power (included)
- Configurable for JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, & BIG modes. No software required.
- Supports two 2.5-inch SATA drives (HDD or SSD) up to 15mm height
QNAP TR-004 4 Bay USB Type-C Direct Attached Storage (DAS) with hardware RAID (Diskless)
- Direct-attached storage device via USB Type-C for Windows, macOS and Linux
- Use the TR-004 as external storage for NAS backup
- Expand the capacity of your QNAP NAS
- 4 x 3.5-inch SATA 3Gb/s (Diskless)
- Hardware RAID supports RAID 0, 1, 5, JBOD, and individual disks
- Includes a USB Type-C to Type-A connector cable
- Lockable drive Bays. NOTE : The TR-004 does not support the following: the TS-128, TS-228, TS-131, TS-231, TS-431, TS-431U, and NAS models that cannot be updated to QTS 4.3.6 (or later). The TR-004 can only be used as an individual storage pool or volume on the NAS. Its storage pool/volume cannot be combined into the connected NAS. NAS applications cannot be installed on the TR-004. Drives can only be migrated from one TR-004 to another TR-004. The files and data stored on drives moved to/from a NAS (or another device) will not be recognized.
TERRAMASTER D4-300 USB 3.1(Gen1) Type-C Storage External Hard Drive Enclosure Hot Swappable (Diskless)
- Designed for applications like video editing, photo backup, technical document preservation, file backup, music library, financial records (this is NOT a NAS, it is a DAS and does NOT support RAID).
- USB3.1 (Gen1, 5Gbps) Type-C interface, compatible with 3.5” SATA hard drive/2.5” SSD, supports up to 4 hard drives, total storage capacity up to 72TB (18TB x 4).
- Supports hot swapping. The drive can be rapidly installed in 5 seconds.
- The device is driverless and supports MAC, Windows, Linux cross-platform operating system; fully compatible with the USB protocol, and can be used with any computer, TV, server, set-top box and other devices.
- Intelligent temperature control low noise fan. The fan speed is automatically adjusted with the temperature of the hard drive.
TERRAMASTER D5 Thunderbolt 3 Professional-Grade 5-Bay External Hard Drive Enclosure RAID 0/RAID1/RAID5/RAID10/JBOD Hard Disk RAID Storage (Diskless)
- Ideal Thunderbolt 3 storage solution for professionals especially those with strict speed and safety requirements, including 4K video editing. Starting from March 26th, 2021, Mac with M1 security chip was fully supported.
- Two 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interfaces, transfer speeds up to 1035MB/s (with SSHD in RAID 0). Compatible with 3.5″ and 2.5″ SATA HDD, 2.5″ SATA SSD.
- Capitalising on the Thunderbolt 3 and DP interfaces, the D5 Thunderbolt 3 supports multi-screen display with up to 3 screens.
- Daisy-chain up to 6 devices; Support up to 90TB storage capacity (18TB x 5, in RAID 0); Multiple hardware RAID: RAID0, RAID1, RAID5, RAID10, JBOD, Single.
- Power delivery provides up to 15W of power to recharge compatible laptops (Mac only, Windows not supported). Aluminum-alloy shell, 2*80mm fans ensure great heat dispersion.
ORICO 5 Bay Hard Drive Enclosure 3.5inch Raid USB3.0 to SATA Aluminum External HDD/SSD Storage Drive Enclosure Screw Installtion Data Safe Protection for Enterprise Backup Up to 80TB(5×16)-WS500RU3
- [Screw Installation] – You need to loosen the cover screws and the bracket screws when install your hard drive in the drive bay enclosure. Multi protection for the hard drive and the data safety, flexible the open and install way of the 5 bay external hard drive enclosure, ensure the data in a safe environment.
- [Support RAID Mode] – The 5 bay external hard drive raid enclosure support RAID 0/1/3/5/10/JBOD/ClONE/Normal RAID Mode which can meets different work requirements, and enlarge the ways of working habits. With back cover RAID Set and built-in RAID software management, you can choose the way you convenient. Please operation follow the page description and user manual of the 5 raid bay enclosure.
- [16TB Larger Capacity] – WS series drive bay enclosure can support all 3.5inch sata hard disks under less than or equal to 16TB HDD, altogether 80TB large capacity for hard drive expansion, maximize to meet your data storage and backup demand. The 3.5inch drive enclosure also a good choice for nas expansion or the data protector in big enterprise.
- [Fast Transmission Rate] – The external hard drive enclosure adopts dual chip master control scheme, and set with SATA3.0 interface, the data transfer rate of the sata 3 enclosure can reach up to 5Gbps with the A to C data cable, which can effectively improve the rate by about 20% than USB2.0
- [Great Heat Dissipation Performance] – Designed with a built-in cooling fan and honeycomb heat dissipation holes on the front and back cover of the 5 bay usb external hard drive enclosure, made by all aluminum alloy enclosure and allows the heat generated in the use to be accelerated by the flowing wind for the great ventilation performance.
Buying Guides For Best External Raid Enclosure
When it comes to choosing the correct external raid enclosure, you should be well-versed in the features, benefits, drawbacks, and elements that influence its performance. To get a good value for money for the product you want to buy, you need also compare its benefits with the predicted pricing.
It will necessitate considerable investigation and product comparison, which will take time. You may not have a lot of time in this fast-paced environment. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of the most important characteristics and elements to consider when purchasing the best external raid enclosure in the shortest amount of time without sacrificing performance.
The Right Brand
When deciding to purchase your most-required external raid enclosure, you should think about the brand and its market reputation carefully. Finding dependable and well-known companies for your preferred Top 10 best external raid enclosure can make the purchasing process much easier.
You can compare different brands and read customer reviews to get a better picture of the brand’s beliefs. It will also assist you in understanding how the brand treats its customers and how customers perceive the company.
Of course, products from a high-end and well-known manufacturer will be more expensive than those from a lesser-known brand. However, the additional money you spend on brand value is well worth it because it ensures superior performance and after-sales service.
However, you shouldn’t always worry about the manufacturer’s history when evaluating their market value and reputation. Of course, companies with a long track record are more trustworthy.
Many new brands and manufacturers, on the other hand, are producing high-performing, dependable, durable, and cost-effective external raid enclosure. As a result, when looking for the proper brand for your product, you should also examine the user’s experience and feedback.
Following that, think about the features you want and the features of the product. You need to ensure that you won’t get a 100% match for all the features. As a result, you should prioritize the product’s primary features first. Then, to rapidly locate the best match, compare them to the products on the market.
Almost all items will, without a doubt, have certain generic features that will apply to all. However, you should look at the different features to find the most amazing products that truly meet your working requirements.
That is why, in this review list, we have covered each item’s top and most useful characteristics in great detail. It should assist you in quickly making your purchase selection.
Top Benefits & Drawbacks
There is no such thing as 100 percent kindness or badness in the world. Simply put, your chosen product will have both advantages and disadvantages. You must examine the top benefits of the external raid enclosure you choose to purchase and determine whether or not these benefits meet your needs. Similarly, consider the setbacks of the product so that you can quickly compare its value for money in real life.
Customers’ reviews on Amazon, social media, user forums, and the manufacturer’s website can all be used to compare pros and negatives. But don’t worry if you’re short on time; we’ve already taken care of it.
We thoroughly explained the benefits and cons of each item in our evaluation so that you are aware of their advantages and potential problems. As a result, you won’t have to shoulder any of the obligations; instead, you can just browse our pros and cons section for each external raid enclosure and select the one that best suits your needs.
The product’s pricing is an important issue to consider irrespective of the product you want to buy. It will have a significant impact on your purchasing decision and will have a significant impact on the item’s features and performance.
The cost of a product is determined by its brand value, top features, performance, and durability. You should expect to pay a premium for a product made by a well-known company. On the contrary, new brands may have aggressive pricing, which is a nice bonus.
You should evaluate the price of the product to that of other manufacturers as well as the expected features. The goal is to get the most bang for your buck. Also, be aware that expensiveness doesn’t always mean better performance. As a result, you should set a budget and stick to it in order to find the ideal match.
Performance & Durability
You must think about the product’s durability and performance. Check the quality of the materials used in the product’s construction for long-term durability. As a result, you must not compromise the product’s performance or durability. Check the quality of the materials used in the product’s construction for long-term durability.
The product should be made of high-quality, industry-leading materials. It must also fulfill or surpass the required requirements in order to be worthy of your money. In the same way, the performance must meet your expectations.
It will be useless to you if the performance does not match the product’s price. Plus, you should also compare the durability and performance with other brands and products. It will guarantee that you obtain a solid return on your investment. Finally, look into the after-sales service options available for your external raid enclosure.
Warranty & After-sales Service
Finally, look into the after-sales service options available for your external raid enclosure. Is the brand’s after-sales or repair service up to par? Does the manufacturer have a good client’s review for their after-sales service?
It will assist you in understanding the client’s viewpoint and how it treats its customers. Also, look at the product’s warranty. Most manufacturers would typically provide a 6-month to 24-month guarantee for any manufacturing flaws. You should read the warranty’s terms and conditions to ensure that you are not duped.
We hope that our in-depth analysis of the Top 10 best external raid enclosure helps you find the correct item for your needs fast. In this list, we’ve gone through the benefits, specifications, user experience, and primary pros and downsides of each product in depth. You should now have a good understanding of what these high-end items are all about. So, which one is your favorite?
Also, hurry to obtain your favorite item because some items have unimaginable market demand and may become unavailable if you wait. So rush and purchase from the review list to significantly improve your lifestyle.