For many years, multiple manufacturers have been producing genuinely outstanding encrypted external hard drive with excellent quality, performance, and longevity while keeping consumer ease in mind. However, not all of these encrypted external hard drive are appropriate for your needs.
Hence, we have enlisted the best encrypted external hard drive to help you quickly find the right item. We have closely considered the user experience, practical benefits, functions, performance, longevity, budget, along with the pros and cons of these items to enlist them here. We’ve also compared them to similar things and gathered feedback from genuine customers to give you an accurate picture of what to expect. In addition, we meticulously studied the items and examined their performance to cost ratio to ensure that you receive the most value for your money.
So, without further ado, let’s get this review started.
|Apricorn 1TB Aegis Padlock USB 3.0 256-bit AES XTS Hardware Encrypted Portable External Hard Drive (A25-3PL256-1000)||Buy Now|
|iStorage diskAshur2 HDD 1TB Black – Secure portable hard drive – Password protected, dust and water resistant, portable, military grade hardware encryption USB 3.1 IS-DA2-256-1000-B||Buy Now|
|LaCie Rugged Secure 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – USB-C USB 3.0 Drop Shock Dust Rain Resistant Computer Desktop Workstation Laptop Hardware Encryption, 1 Month Adobe CC (STFR2000403)||Buy Now|
|Seagate Ultra Touch HDD 2TB External Hard Drive – Black USB-C USB 3.0, 1yr Mylio Create, 4 month Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan and Rescue Services (STHH2000400)||Buy Now|
|Fantom Drives – DSH1000 FD 1TB Encrypted Hard Drive – DataShield 256-Bit AES Hardware Encrypted – USB 3.2 Gen 1-5Gbps – Compatible with Mac/Windows/PS4/Xbox (DSH1000) by Black||Buy Now|
|LaCie Rugged Mini 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – USB 3.0 USB 2.0 Compatible, Drop Shock Dust Rain Resistant Shuttle Drive, For Mac And PC Computer (LAC9000298), orange||Buy Now|
|StarTech.com USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure – Encrypted SATA Hard Drive to USB – HDD/SSD Enclosure with Password Protection (S2510BU33PW), 1x | 2.5″ SATA III||Buy Now|
|iodd 2541 USB 3.0 External Encrypted Hard Drive Enclosure [Virtual DVD Blu-ray ROM/VHD/Booting/SSD/HDD/2.5] Made in Korea (1 Unit/lot)||Buy Now|
|Apricorn Aegis Padlock 240 GB SSD 256-Bit, FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Validated Ruggedized USB 3.0 Encrypted External Portable Drive||Buy Now|
|Apricorn 2TB Aegis Padlock Fortress FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Validated 256-Bit Encrypted USB 3.0 Hard Drive with PIN Access (A25-3PL256-2000F)||Buy Now|
Top 10 Encrypted External Hard Drive Review
There’re literally hundreds of models available with different users in mind for the encrypted external hard drive. With your needs in mind, we combed over 111 products to come up with this list of the best encrypted external hard drive. These goods are extremely useful, high-performing, and long-lasting.
Apricorn 1TB Aegis Padlock USB 3.0 256-bit AES XTS Hardware Encrypted Portable External Hard Drive (A25-3PL256-1000)
- Utilizes Military Grade FIPS PUB 197 Validated Encryption Algorithm
- Super fast USB 3.0 Connection – Data transfer speeds up to 10X faster than USB 2.0
- Software Free Design – With no admin rights needed
- Sealed from Physical Attacks by Tough Epoxy Coating
- Brute Force Self Destruct Feature
- Wear Resistant Key Pad
- Compact, Rugged Design – Perfect for taking your data on the road
iStorage diskAshur2 HDD 1TB Black – Secure portable hard drive – Password protected, dust and water resistant, portable, military grade hardware encryption USB 3.1 IS-DA2-256-1000-B
- Easy to use: Perfect solution to protect your digital assets. Simply enter a 7-15 digit PIN to authenticate and use as a normal portable HDD. When the drive is disconnected, all data is encrypted using AES-XTS 256-bit hardware encryption (no software required).
- The diskAshur2 helps you ensure compliance with data regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA.
- The diskAshur2 is the perfect solution for storing your personal or company data. Carry the diskAshur2 with you wherever you go. Portable, rugged, dust & splashproof (IP56 certified) Without the PIN, there’s no way IN! All data transferred to the drive is encrypted in real time and is protected from unauthorised access even if the device is lost or stolen! The diskAshur2 incorporates a Common Criteria EAL 5+ (Hardware Certified) secure microprocessor.
- The diskAshur2 will work on any device with a USB port, no software is required. Compatible with: MS Windows, macOS, Linux, Chrome, Android, Thin Clients, Zero Clients, Embedded Systems, Citrix and VMware.
- Transfer your files in seconds Lightning fast backwards compatible USB 3.2 data transfer speeds. Up to 160MB/s Read speeds Up to 143MB/s Write speeds.
LaCie Rugged Secure 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – USB-C USB 3.0 Drop Shock Dust Rain Resistant Computer Desktop Workstation Laptop Hardware Encryption, 1 Month Adobe CC (STFR2000403)
- Protect what matters with Rugged Secure’s AES-256 government-grade hardware encrypted password protection
- Shuttle large-scale projects with 2TB of capacity, and directly ingest files with fast speeds of up to 130MB/s
- Trek near or far with a portable hard drive that provides drop, crush, and rain resistance as well as Thunderbolt 3, USB-C, and USB 3.0 compatibility
- Take advantage of a one-month complimentary membership to Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps Plan for access to awesome photo and video editing apps
Seagate Ultra Touch HDD 2TB External Hard Drive – Black USB-C USB 3.0, 1yr Mylio Create, 4 month Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan and Rescue Services (STHH2000400)
- SECURITY FIRST: Securely and easily manage photos, videos, movies, and more with password activated hardware encryption
- STYLISH & SPACIOUS: Stylish tone-on-tone fabric design works seamlessly with USB-C and USB 3.0 laptops and PCs
- PLUG & PLAY: The perfect external hard drive for Windows or Mac, simply back up files with a single click or schedule automatic daily, weekly, or monthly backups (Reformatting may be required for use with Time Machine)
- MYLIO & ADOBE: Edit, manage, and share photos with a 1-yr. complimentary subscription to Mylio Create and a 4-mo. membership to Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan (must redeem within 1-yr. of drive registration; not available in China)
Fantom Drives – DSH1000 FD 1TB Encrypted Hard Drive – DataShield 256-Bit AES Hardware Encrypted – USB 3.2 Gen 1-5Gbps – Compatible with Mac/Windows/PS4/Xbox (DSH1000) by Black
- Fantom Drives DataShield Pro Encrypted Portable hard drive comes with 256-Bit AES hardware encrypted military grade security with advanced features for maximum security
- Built-in keypad allows for pass code combination of up to 12-digits. Brute force protection against unauthorized users trying to access the drive
- Comes with both USB A and USB C cable for compatibility with wide range of devices
- Comes preformatted for Windows and can easily be formatted for Mac. No software installation required and is ready to use
LaCie Rugged Mini 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – USB 3.0 USB 2.0 Compatible, Drop Shock Dust Rain Resistant Shuttle Drive, For Mac And PC Computer (LAC9000298), orange
- Shock, drops up to 4 feet, dust and water resistant for all-terrain use
- For Mac compatibility this Hard Drive requires reformatting. Refer to Application Guide for more details
- Password protection built in
- Uses USB 3.0 which is up to 4 times faster than USB 2.0 (USB 2.0 compatible)
- Includes 1-month complimentary membership to Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps Plan. Must redeem by January 31, 2020
StarTech.com USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure – Encrypted SATA Hard Drive to USB – HDD/SSD Enclosure with Password Protection (S2510BU33PW), 1x | 2.5″ SATA III
- HIGHER TRANSFER SPEEDS: The hard drive enclosure supports USB 3.0 transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps. The enclosure also supports SATA III drives, ensuring you can still achieve high performance while accessing your SATA 6 Gbps SSD externally.
- EASY TO USE: Quickly save and access files from your external SATA III drive. The encrypted drive enclosure ensures sleek, hassle-free operation using an elegant built-in touchpad for data access
- NOTE: It is recommended that you use this HDD enclosure as additional storage for important files and not as a backup (Unless also regularly backed up)
iodd 2541 USB 3.0 External Encrypted Hard Drive Enclosure [Virtual DVD Blu-ray ROM/VHD/Booting/SSD/HDD/2.5] Made in Korea (1 Unit/lot)
- Recognized as Bootable ODD (DVD, Blu-ray Rom), for booting by selecting a ISO file.
- AES 256-XTS/Write protect Blocker/Win To Go/Auto Sleep/Safely Removal/Firmware Update
- You can use encrypted or normal disk
- VHD – virtual hard disk image to physical drive
Apricorn Aegis Padlock 240 GB SSD 256-Bit, FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Validated Ruggedized USB 3.0 Encrypted External Portable Drive
- 5X Greater Life Expectancy than Premium Rotational Drives
- Works in extreme temperatures
- Freezing temps of 40 (40 ) below 0
- Searing temps of up to 158 (70 )
- Unaffected by high humidity
- Virtually shock and vibration resistant
- With no moving parts, the Aegis Padlock is completely silent
- Read / Write speeds up to 230 MBs
Apricorn 2TB Aegis Padlock Fortress FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Validated 256-Bit Encrypted USB 3.0 Hard Drive with PIN Access (A25-3PL256-2000F)
- Military grade encryption
- Data at rest protection
- Drive reset feature
- Auto lock feature and self destruct pin
- FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Validated
- 256-bit AES XTS Hardware Encryption
- USB 3.0
- Made in USA
- Key Pad Pin access
- Brute Force Self Destruct Feature
- Integrated USB Cable
- Wear resistant keypad
Things To Consider Before Buying Best Encrypted External Hard Drive
When it comes to choosing the correct encrypted external hard drive, you should be well-versed in the features, benefits, drawbacks, and elements that influence its performance. To get a good value for money for the product you want to buy, you need also compare its benefits with the predicted pricing.
It will necessitate significant research and product comparison, and it will take time. You may not have a lot of time in this fast-paced environment. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of the most important characteristics and criteria to consider when purchasing the best encrypted external hard drive without sacrificing performance.
The Right Brand
When deciding to purchase your most-needed product, you should think about the brand and its market reputation carefully. When you find reliable and reputed brands for your desired Main Key Word, your buying procedure will just become easier.
You can compare different brands and read customer reviews to get a better picture of the brand’s beliefs. It will also help you realize how the brand treats its clients and customers’ perceptions of the manufacturer.
Of course, products from a high-end and well-known manufacturer will be more expensive than those from a lesser-known brand. However, the additional money spent on brand value is well worth it because it ensures superior performance and after-sales service.
However, you should not always worry about the manufacturer’s history when evaluating their market value and reputation. Of course, companies with a long track record are more trustworthy.
Many new brands and manufacturers, on the other hand, are creating high-performing, dependable, durable, and cost-effective encrypted external hard drive. Thus, you should also consider the user’s experience and reviews to find the right brand for your product.
Next up, you must consider the features you want and the product’s features. You need to ensure that you won’t get a 100% match for all the features. Thus, you must first prioritize the top features of the product you want. Then, to rapidly locate the greatest fit, compare them to other products on the market.
Almost all items will, without a doubt, have some generic features that will be the same for everyone. However, you should consider the various aspects to identify the most incredible products that actually fit your working needs.
That is why, in this review list, we have covered each item’s top and most useful characteristics in great detail. It should assist you in making a quick purchasing decision.
Top Benefits & Drawbacks
There is no such thing as 100 percent kindness or badness in the world. Simply put, your chosen product will have both advantages and disadvantages. You must examine the top benefits of the encrypted external hard drive you choose to purchase and determine whether or not these benefits meet your needs. Similarly, consider the setbacks of the product so that you can quickly compare its value for money in real life.
Customers’ reviews on Amazon, social media, user forums, and the manufacturer’s website can all be used to compare pros and negatives. But if you are running short of time, don’t worry since we have covered it for you.
We thoroughly explained the benefits and cons of each item in our evaluation so that you are aware of their advantages and potential problems. Thus, you won’t need to take the responsibilities; you can simply go through our pros and cons section for each encrypted external hard drive and choose the one that best fits your necessities.
Regardless of the goods you wish to buy, the pricing is a crucial factor to consider. It will have a significant impact on your purchasing decision and control over the item’s features and performance.
The cost of a product is determined by its brand value, key features, performance, and longevity. If you want a product from a well-known manufacturer, you should expect to pay a premium. New brands, on the other hand, may provide competitive price, which is a good plus.
You should compare the product’s pricing and expected characteristics to those of other manufacturers. The goal is to get the most bang for your buck. Also, be aware that expensiveness doesn’t always mean better performance. As a result, you should set a budget and stick to it in order to find the ideal match.
Performance & Durability
You should think about the product’s durability and functionality. Check the quality of the materials used in the product’s construction for long-term durability. As a result, you must not compromise the product’s performance and durability. Check the quality of the material used to make the product for long-term use.
The product material must be high-quality and industry-leading. It must also meet or surpass the relevant criteria in order to be worth your money. Likewise, the performance must meet your expectations.
It will be useless to you if the performance does not match the product’s price. Furthermore, you should evaluate the durability and performance of the product to that of other brands and products. It will guarantee that you receive the most bang for your buck. Finally, check the after-sales service offers for your encrypted external hard drive
Warranty & After-sales Service
Finally, check the after-sales service offers for your encrypted external hard drive Is the brand’s after-sales service or repair capabilities good? Is the manufacturer’s after-sales service getting positive feedback from customers?
It will assist you in understanding the client’s viewpoint and how they treat their customers. You should also look at the product’s warranty. Most manufacturers provide a 6-month to 24-month guarantee for any manufacturing flaws. You should review the warranty’s terms and conditions to ensure that you are not duped.
We hope that our in-depth analysis of the best encrypted external hard drive aids you in swiftly locating the correct item for your requirements. The features, specifications, user experience, and primary pros and downsides of each product have been thoroughly explored in this list. You should now have a good understanding of what these high-end products are like. So, which one do you prefer?
Also, hurry to obtain your favorite item because some items have unimaginable market demand and may become unavailable if you wait. So rush and purchase something from the review list to significantly improve your lifestyle.