For many years, a variety of manufacturers have been producing genuinely outstanding dac for raspberry pi with excellent quality, performance, and longevity while keeping consumer ease in mind. However, not all of these dac for raspberry pi will meet your requirements.
As a result, the Top 10 best dac for raspberry pi has been included to assist you in quickly locating the appropriate item. To compile this list, we carefully analyzed the user experience, practical benefits, functionality, performance, longevity, budget, and pros and cons of each item. We’ve also compared them to similar products and gathered feedback from real customers to provide you with a realistic picture of what to expect. Plus, we have researched the items thoroughly and checked their performance to pricing ratio so that you get the best value for money for each of these items.
So, without further ado, let’s get this review started.
At a Glance
|InnoMaker Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC HAT PCM5122 HiFi DAC Audio Card Expansion Board for Raspberry Pi 4 3 B+ Pi Zero etc. (DAC HAT)||Buy Now|
|innomaker Acrylic Case DAC Hat HiFi Audio Module Works with Raspberry Pi 4 3B+ 3B 3||Buy Now|
|HiFiBerry HighPi Raspberry Pi Case – Raspberry Pi4||Buy Now|
|Geekworm DACPi Ultra-Thin Audio Player Kit for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, NUC Style Aluminum Alloy Case|X950 PCM5122 DAC| Passive Cooling Embedded Heatsink for Raspberry Pi 4B||Buy Now|
|HiLetgo PCM5102 I2S IIS Lossless Digital Audio DAC Decoder Module Stereo DAC Digital-to-Analog Converter Voice Module for Arduino Raspberry Pi||Buy Now|
|Geekworm Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC HAT PCM5122, Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+ X930 V1.3 HiFi DAC HAT with Power Management Function for Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+/3B/3A+/2B/B+/Pi Zero/Zero W||Buy Now|
|Argon x NanoSound ONE Case – Hi-Fi Raspberry Pi Audio Player | Argon ONE Case with Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) | Rpi4 Not Included||Buy Now|
|High-Precision AD/DA Expansion Board for Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+/3B/2B/Zero/W/Zero WH and Jetson Nano,Add High-Precision AD/DA Functions to Pi. Onboard ADS1256 8-CH 24bit ADC and DAC8532 2-CH 16bit DAC||Buy Now|
|Audio DAC Hat Sound Card (Ultra++) for Raspberry PI4 / Pi Zero / PI3 / PI3B / PI3B+ / Pi 2 / Better Quality Than USB||Buy Now|
|Comidox 4PCS MCP4725 Breakout Module I2C DAC 12Bit Development Board 2.7V to 5.5V Supply with EEPROM for Arduino Raspberry Pi||Buy Now|
Top 10 Dac For Raspberry Pi Review
There are literally hundreds of models available for the dac for raspberry pi, each designed with a specific user in mind. With your needs in mind, we combed through more than 90 products to come up with this list of the best dac for raspberry pi. These goods are extremely useful, high-performing, and long-lasting.
InnoMaker Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC HAT PCM5122 HiFi DAC Audio Card Expansion Board for Raspberry Pi 4 3 B+ Pi Zero etc. (DAC HAT)
- The HiFi DAC Hat compatible with Raspberry Pi 4, Zero, Zero W, 3B, 3B+ with the 40-pin connector. Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi board, no additional cables required, no soldering. Easy to get more beautiful and fantastic sound by this RPI+DAC HiFi suits.
- Absolutely perfect to support all Raspberry Pi music playback system, like LibreElec, OSMC, Max2Play, RuneAudio, Volumio, Moode, PiCorePlayer, PiMusicBox, OpenELEC, Debian, Ubuntu etc. Support playing music from a hard disk or over the network. Support DSD over PCM(DOP) mode.
- Class-leading stereo audio DAC PCM5122, sample rates up to 384-KHz/32-Bit. Paired with stereo high fidelity headphone amplifier TPA6133. Provides 2.1Vrms ground-centered outputs coupled with Film capacitor.
- On-board a pair of gold plated RCA (LEFT &Right) jacks and a 3.5mm high-end headphone jack output, allow you free to play your music through Raspberry Pi to another terminals.
- Comes with software, document and friendly technology support. For more information, please refer to our wiki（view the link on color page comes with the goods).
- Packing List: 1 x Acrylic Case; 5 Group Screws.
- Acrylic Case for Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC HAT
- The HiFi DAC Hat compatible with Raspberry Pi 4/3B+/3B/3 with the 40-pin connector. Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi board, no additional cables required, no soldering. Easy to get more beautiful and fantastic sound by this RPI+DAC HiFi suits.
- InnoMaker DAC Hat support all Raspberry Pi music playback system, like OSMC, Max2Play, RuneAudio, Volumio, Moode, PiCorePlayer, PiMusicBox, OpenELEC, Debian, Ubuntu etc. Support playing music from a hard disk or over the network. Support DSD over PCM(DOP) mode.
- HiFi DAC Hat on-board Class-leading stereo audio DAC PCM5122, sample rates up to 384-KHz/32-Bit. Paired with stereo high fidelity headphone amplifier TPA6133. Provides 2.1Vrms ground-centered outputs coupled with Film capacitor.
- Rapid, Tool-Free Assembly – The HighPi case sets the standard for ease of use and versatility in Raspberry Pi cases. Installing or removing the Raspberry Pi PI4 board is astonishingly quick, simple, and secure; all without tools or assembly. One snap action locks the Pi board into the case; the second secures the lid, rattle free. Remove the Pi board and the lid with one-finger-releases for each. Genius!
- Fits All Kinds of Hats – Whether you’re running a plain Pi4 board or modding it to the max, the HighPi case has your Pi covered. Generous internal room allows HATs, break-out boards, or heat sinks. Vents on three sides double as fly-through cable ports for the GPIO and whatever else you need to connect to. Supports PI POE Hat, HiFiBerry Hats, Serial Hat, UPS HAT and more!
- The HighPi case can be wall mounted horizontally with two screws for easy removal, or mounted in any orientation including upside-down with four screws from inside the case (Screws not included). When wall mounted horizontally, the A/V and audio cables hang downward from the Pi, improving visual tidiness and reducing the need for support of heavy cables.
- High quality ABS plastic case, designed and made in Canada, Large internal volume for HATs, break-out boards, or heat sinks, Vents on three sides double as fly-through cable ports, Self-adhesive rubber feet included, set of 4, Matte finish hides fingerprints
- External dimensions: 97 x 66 x 41mm, Internal volume for breakout boards: 90 x 60 x 28.8mm
Geekworm DACPi Ultra-Thin Audio Player Kit for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, NUC Style Aluminum Alloy Case|X950 PCM5122 DAC| Passive Cooling Embedded Heatsink for Raspberry Pi 4B
- 【DACPi Aluminum Case】Ultra-Thin NUC Aluminum Alloy Case, specially designed for Raspberry Pi, reseved all interface of Pi 4.
- 【X950 DAC Shield】 Uses a Texas Instruments PCM5122 DAC to deliver stereo analogue audio to a pair of phono connectors, and also provides a dedicated headphone amplifier, supporting 24‑bit 192kHz high-resolution digital audio.
- 【Cooling Solution】Considering that the cooling fan will interfere with the sound quality, only use P165-B embedded heatsink to dissipate heat, which can provide good heat dissipation if there is no overclocking.
- 【Power Supply】 5Vdc +/-5% , ≥3A (Via Type-C of Pi 4); (Recommended to use Geekworm UL listed 5V 4A Type-C power adapter(ASIN:B09J856PND).
- 【Compatibility】Only for Raspberry Pi 4 (NOT include Pi 4 board), compatible with Volumio, Rune, OSMC, MoodeAudio, Raspbian Jessie, Openelec etc.
- 【Wifi Description】5G WiFi is stable enough, recommend using Ethernet or 5G WiFi due to metal case.
HiLetgo PCM5102 I2S IIS Lossless Digital Audio DAC Decoder Module Stereo DAC Digital-to-Analog Converter Voice Module for Arduino Raspberry Pi
- 1.The DAC Module provides a super affordable high-quality DAC for the Raspberry Pi.
- 2.Since it’s digital audio, it sounds really good, much better than the onboard analog audio.
- 3.The stereo jack comes soldered onto the board already.
- 4.Uses the PCM5102A DAC to work with the Raspberry Pi I2S interface
- 5.Since it’s digital audio, it sounds really good, much better than the onboard analog audio. The stereo jack comes soldered onto the board already.
Geekworm Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC HAT PCM5122, Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+ X930 V1.3 HiFi DAC HAT with Power Management Function for Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+/3B/3A+/2B/B+/Pi Zero/Zero W
- √The X930 HiFi DAC for Raspberry Pi adds a high-quality sound compatible with Raspberry Pi4B/3B+/3B/3A+/2B/B+. Recommend HAT size acrylic case(ASIN:B074T7D1V5). √ Support operating system: Moode Audio Player, OSMC, Openelec, Raspbian Jessie, Volumio, Pi Core Player, Max2Play, RuneAudio etc.
- √Power supply: 5Vdc ±5%，≥3A recommended, Power via DC Jack or Type-C port of X930. You can use this certificated DC 5V 4A PSU (ASIN: B07413Q5Y4).
- √GPIO used for I2S audio : LRCK – IO19, BCK – IO18, DATA – IO21; GPIO used for power management: IO5, IO12, IO13; Analog audio output level: 2V RMS; Resolution/Sampling Rate: upto 24bit / 192KHz (Raspberry Pi I2S)
- √Packing List: X930 V1.3 Expansion Board x 1; Screw M2.5 *5mm x 8; Spacer F/F M2.5 *12mm x 4; Note:The CSR8675 Premium Bluetooth5.0 Audio Module and Raspberry Pi are not included in the packing list.
Argon x NanoSound ONE Case – Hi-Fi Raspberry Pi Audio Player | Argon ONE Case with Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) | Rpi4 Not Included
- The Nanosound One is an Argon ONE Raspberry Pi 4 Case that has been redesigned to include a built-in Raspberry Pi DAC Hat while fully supporting Volumio and ROON.
- The Texas Instruments PCM5122 chipset helps the Raspberry Pi DAC Case provide audio at 192kHz Sampling Rate and 24bit Resolution with 112-db SNR for High Fidelity music.
- The I²S bus in this Raspberry DAC offers low jitter. This allows the Argon Raspberry Pi 4 Case to provide a smooth, and comfortable listening experience.
- Includes an Infrared Receiver and Remote Control to fully control your Raspberry Pi Music Player; making it very easy to get started playing music on your Argon Case.
- The Hi-Fi Audio Player also acts as a heatsink for the Raspberry Pi 4 Board; Giving additional cooling to the board while it’s playing music all day long.
High-Precision AD/DA Expansion Board for Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+/3B/2B/Zero/W/Zero WH and Jetson Nano,Add High-Precision AD/DA Functions to Pi. Onboard ADS1256 8-CH 24bit ADC and DAC8532 2-CH 16bit DAC
- There’s no AD/DA function on the Raspberry Pi GPIO interface, this may trouble you in the Pi development. However, it won’t be a problem anymore. The High-Precision AD/DA Board allows you to add high-precision AD/DA functions to the Raspberry Pi.
- Standard Raspberry Pi 40PIN GPIO extension header, supports Raspberry Pi series boards, Jetson Nano
- Onboard ADS1256, 8ch 24bit high-precision ADC (4ch differential input), 30ksps sampling rate Onboard DAC8532, 2ch 16bit high-precision DAC
- Onboard input interface via pinheaders, for connecting analog signal- the pinout is compatible with Waveshare sensor interface standard, easy to connect various analog sensor modules
Audio DAC Hat Sound Card (Ultra++) for Raspberry PI4 / Pi Zero / PI3 / PI3B / PI3B+ / Pi 2 / Better Quality Than USB
- 2 Onboard microphones
- Stereo 3.5mm LINE jack input
- Stereo onbard speakers
- 24 Bit I2S Dac 2×1.3W Stereo Amplifier for external speakers
- Headphone output (24bits)
Comidox 4PCS MCP4725 Breakout Module I2C DAC 12Bit Development Board 2.7V to 5.5V Supply with EEPROM for Arduino Raspberry Pi
- The MCP4725 is a single-channel 12-bit buffered voltage output DAC with non-volatile memory (EEPROM) that allows you to store configuration register bits (2 bits) and DAC input data (12 bits) to non-volatile EEPROM (14-bit) In memory. The DAC can be configured for normal mode or power-saving shutdown mode by setting the configuration register bits.
- The DAC allows you to send analog signals, such as sine waves, from a digital source such as the I2C interface on an Arduino microcontroller. Digital to analog converters are ideal for sound generation, musical instruments and many other creative projects.
- This version of the CJMCU-MCP4725 Breakout solves some of the board’s problems, including IC packages, I2C pinouts, changing the overall board size to better suit your project, and some minor adjustments.
- The board breaks down each pin you need to access and uses the MCP4725 (including GND and signal OUT pins) to connect to the oscilloscope or any other device you need to connect to the board. There are also SCL, SDA, VCC and another GND for the basic I2C pinout. The device can be used with a 2-wire I2C-compatible serial interface and is powered by a single supply from 2.7V to 5.5V.
- If you want more than one MCP4725 on the bus, you can disable the pull-up resistors on this board.
Buying Guides For Best Dac For Raspberry Pi
When it comes to choosing the correct dac for raspberry pi, you should be well-versed in the features, benefits, drawbacks, and elements that influence its performance. To acquire a good value for money for the product you want to buy, you should compare its benefits with the predicted pricing.
It will necessitate considerable investigation and product comparison, which will take time. You may not have a lot of time in this fast-paced environment. Hence, we have enlisted the top features and factors to consider buying the right dac for raspberry pi shortly without compromising the performance.
The Right Brand
You should carefully analyze the brand and its market repute before purchasing your most-required dac for raspberry pi. When you find reliable and reputed brands for your desired Main Key Word, your buying procedure will just become easier.
You can compare different brands and read customer reviews to get a better picture of the brand’s beliefs. It will also assist you in gaining a better understanding of how the company treats its customers as well as customer perceptions of the company.
Of course, products from a high-end and well-known manufacturer will be more expensive than those from a lesser-known brand. However, the additional money spent on brand value is well worth it because it ensures superior performance and after-sales service.
However, you should not always worry about the manufacturer’s history when evaluating their market value and reputation. Companies having a long track record are, of course, more trustworthy.
Many new brands and manufacturers, on the other hand, are producing high-performing, dependable, durable, and cost-effective dac for raspberry pi. As a result, when looking for the proper brand for your product, you should also examine the user’s experience and feedback.
Next up, you must consider the features you want and the product’s features. You must assure that you will not receive a perfect match for all of the attributes. As a result, you must initially select the product’s most important features. Then, to rapidly locate the greatest fit, compare them to other products on the market.
Undoubtedly, most products will have some generic features that will be identical for all. However, you should consider the various aspects to identify the most incredible products that actually fit your working needs.
That is why, in this review list, we have covered each item’s top and most useful characteristics in detail. It should assist you in making a quick purchasing decision.
Top Benefits & Drawbacks
There is no such thing as 100 percent kindness or badness in the world. Simply put, your chosen product will have both advantages and disadvantages. You should assess whether the top benefits of the dac for raspberry pi you wish to acquire are relevant to your needs. Consider the product’s drawbacks as well, so you can immediately compare its value for money in real life.
Customers’ reviews on Amazon, social media, user forums, and the manufacturer’s website can all be used to compare pros and negatives. But if you are running short of time, don’t worry since we have covered it for you.
We have thoroughly detailed the advantages and cons of each item in our evaluation so that you are aware of its benefits and potential pitfalls. As a result, you won’t have to shoulder any of the obligations; instead, you can just browse our pros and cons section for each dac for raspberry pi and select the one that best suits your needs.
Regardless of the goods you choose to purchase, the pricing is a crucial factor to consider. It will have a significant impact on your purchasing decision and control over the item’s features and performance.
The cost of a product is determined by its brand value, top features, performance, and durability. If you want a product from a well-known manufacturer, you should expect to pay a premium. New brands, on the other hand, may have more aggressive pricing, which is a pleasant plus.
You should evaluate the price of the product to that of other manufacturers as well as the expected features. The goal is to get the most bang for your buck. Also keep in mind that higher prices do not always imply higher quality. Thus, you should fix your budget and stick to it to get the best match.
Performance & Durability
You must consider the longevity and performance of the product. The last thing you wouldn’t want is to see your bought item getting damaged within a couple of days. As a result, you must not compromise the product’s performance or durability. Check the quality of the material used to make the product for long-term durability.
The product must be made of high-quality, industry-leading materials. Plus, it must meet or exceed the required standards to be worthy of your investment. Likewise, the performance must meet your expectations.
It will be useless to you if the performance does not match the product’s price. Furthermore, you should evaluate the durability and performance of the product to that of other brands and products. It will guarantee that you receive the most bang for your buck. Finally, look into your dac for raspberry pi’s after-sale support options.
Warranty & After-sales Service
Finally, look into your dac for raspberry pi’s after-sale support options. Is the brand’s after-sales or repair service up to par? Is the manufacturer’s after-sales service well-received by customers?
It will assist you in understanding the client’s viewpoint and how it treats its customers. Also, look at the product’s warranty. Most manufacturers will typically provide a 6- to 24-month guarantee for any manufacturing flaws. You should check the user conditions for the warranty so that it doesn’t fool you either.
Last, Not Least
We hope that our in-depth review of the Top 10 best dac for raspberry pi assists you to quickly finding the right item for your necessities. In this list, we’ve gone over the benefits, specifications, user experience, and primary pros and cons of each product in great detail. You should now have a good notion of what these high-end items are like. So, which one do you prefer?
Also, hurry to obtain your favorite item because some items have unimaginable market demand and may become unavailable if you wait. So, hurry and buy from the review list to elevate your lifestyle outstandingly.